Two areas in Finance work together closely to administer the CAS, and other aspects of the government advertising arrangement.
The Communications Advice Branch is responsible for:
- providing advice to the relevant Ministers relating to the framework for information and advertising campaigns, associated processes and the consideration of campaign and, where appropriate, recruitment program advertising;
- advising entities whether information and advertising campaigns are subject to certification and endorsement per the Guidelines on Information and Advertising Campaigns;
- providing specialist advice and assistance to Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entities undertaking information and advertising campaigns;
- managing the Campaign Advertising Supplier Register; and
- assisting with the management of the master media agency contract.
The Procurement Management Branch is responsible for:
- providing advice and assistance to Participants undertaking recruitment, tender and public notice advertising;
- managing access to the government advertising arrangement by Authorised Organisations
- managing the Universal McCann contract, including the coordination of Customer Satisfaction Surveys and annual performance audits;
- liaising with entities in relation to contractual aspects of government advertising;
- administering the policies associated with recruitment and tender notice advertising;
- providing entities with guidance on improving value with White Pages directory listings.
- managing the Whole-of-Government points of contact database; and
- coordinating Whole-of-Government advertising forums and preparing and distributing periodically the AdVisor newsletter.